Friday, January 01, 2016

the rest is still unwritten

phew!  we made it to 2016!

went to bed early last night, got up late this morning.  made waffles.  hanging out on the couch watching the winter classic.  my house is a mess.  I don't have the energy to clean up christmas, but the things I love best are in the room.

so I picked a word for 2016.  I hate to admit it, but I may have borrowed it from shonda rhimes.  there was something that just resounded with me.  I'm not sure if I can even explain my thoughts around it. just that it was time.

yes.

that's my word.  it's small.  it packs a punch.

2016 is my year to say yes to myself.  say yes to forgiveness.  say yes to new opportunities.  say yes to my health.  it's really about giving myself permission.  to let go.

I can feel it deep down, that this year is going to bring a lot of change.  and I'm okay with that.  change isn't something to be feared, but to be embraced with arms wide open.  bring it on, 2016.  I'm ready!

No comments: